THE LUNETTE MENSTRUAL CUP
Sure being female pretty much sucks some times and there is nothing worse than in training, on the trail or on your long run to be stuck with your period. I promise you though a menstrual cup will change your life and will no longer make this time of the month a hassle!! This product is by far the best running and active accessory for every single woman out there!
The Lunette menstrual cup is an innovative menstruation barrier made in Finland – and is now available to Australian and New Zealand Women! It is an easy to use, safe and sanitary alternative to disposable sanitary napkins and tampons. Developed in the 1930’s and widely used in the US and Europe, the menstrual cup is the right choice for women who care about themselves and the environment.
This product is a win for you you – massive freedom, the environment – nothing to landfill and is the best way to make periods nicer.
What are the best bits about Lunette Menstrual Cups?
- Hypoallergic, latex-free, odourless and safe!
- Made in Finland of 100% medical-grade silicone
- Economic and ecologically-friendly; used with care, one Lunette menstrual cup lasts for about 5-10 years – Think of the $$$ you will save!
- A sanitary and healthy alternative to disposable tampons and sanitary napkins – so much better for the Trails!
- Can be used during all sports – swimming, running, trail running, hiking, rock climbing, camping you name it you can do it with it
- Easy-to-use and comfortable, only needs emptying 2-4 times a day. You can easily and super comfortably sleep in it
- The lining of the cup is totally smooth and the tab is flat, so cleaning is super easy and there is no where for nasties to hide
- There are measuring lines of 7.5ml and 15ml inside the cup for monitoring your flow
- Can sanitise the cup by placing in boiling water for 2-5 mintues or use our Lunette Cup Wipes or Wash
- Can be used with an IUD and contraceptive ring
- Not to be used during post-natal bleeding due to the vagina being inflamed from childbirth
- Does not disrupt the natural lubricating ability of the vagina, nor does it dry the vaginal mucous membrane
- No dampness, no outbreaks of vaginal candidiasis, cystitis or toxic shock syndrome have been linked to the use of menstrual cups
Model 1 or Model 2?
When choosing your first cup there are a few factors to consider. There are many 14-year-old virgins using the Model 2 Lunette, and we also know middle-aged women who love the Model 1. Most women can use either cup, but one of them might be more right for you. Model 1 is 41mm and holds 25ml; Model 2 is 46mm and holds 30ml.
Factors you should consider:
- The amount of flow. This is the most important factor when choosing the right cup. As a general rule we can say that Model 2 is best for medium to heavier flow and Model 1 for lighter flow.
- Anatomy. Each woman’s anatomy is different and because of this we sometimes recommend the smaller Lunette cup for heavier flow and vice versa. These kind of factors are listed below:
|Lighter Flow||Heavier Flow|
|Teenager||1||1 or 2|
|Young woman, has not given birth||1||2|
|Young woman, has given birth||1 or 2||2|
|Adult woman, has not given birth||2 (or 1)||2|
|Adult woman, has given birth||2 (or 1)||2|
|Short vagina (you can easily reach your cervix with your finger)||1||1|
|Active sportswoman, e.g. pilates, yoga||1||1|
The Lunette Cup Model 1
Light to normal flow
All Lunette menstrual cups are soft and pliable, however, Lunette Cup Model 1 is made of softer silicone than Lunette Cup Model 2.
- The diameter is 41 mm (1.6 inches) by 47 mm (1.9 inches).
- The stem measures 25 mm (1 inch).
- The volume of the cup is 25 ml (0.85 fl oz).
- Measuring lines: 5ml (0.17?oz) and 13.5ml (0.46?oz).
The Lunette Cup Model 2
Normal to heavy flow
All Lunette menstrual cups are soft and pliable, however, Lunette Cup Model 2 is made of firmer silicone than Lunette Cup Model 1.
- The diameter is 46 mm (1.8 inches) by 52 mm (2 inches).
- The stem measures 20 mm (0.8 inches).
- The volume of the cup is 30 ml (1.0 fl oz).
- Measuring lines: 7.5ml (0.25?oz) and 15ml (0.5?oz)